This is your healthy version of rice krispy squares but without all the added sugar and nutrient deficient ingredients. It only takes 15min from start to finish and requires just 5 ingredients so there’s no excuse, and your kids will love them! If that’s not enough of an incentive to give these a shot, check out some of the amazing health benefits of a few of these ingredients below.
- 2.5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 40g of organic cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of any nut butter
- 30g of puffed brown rice
Pour the puffed rice into a bowl. Then heat the nut butter, coconut oil, honey and cacao powder in a saucepan gently until everything has melted and is smooth. After that our the mixture over the puffed rice until everything is covered. Finally scoop the mixture into each square on your baking tray and leave in the freezer for roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Contains almost DOUBLE the antioxidants of blueberries, cranberries and pomegranates!
- Significantly helps protect against several forms of heart disease
- Rich in iron, copper, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus according to the Harvard School of Public Health
- Was so valuable it was once used as currency!
- Healthy Weight Management
- Counters Pollen Allergies
- Natural Energy Source
- Antioxidant Powerhouse
- Sleep Promoter
- Wound and Ulcer Healer